Tuesday, February 9, 2010

So we're kind of past the 29th day of the year and I only have 29 posts. Bad.

Oh dear. I am a bad girl.

I am not, as some of you may have kindly thought, very busy. Neither do I have a lot on my mind. I am just lazy.

Since I don't have much to say right now, I thought I would show you a little spiel that I wrote for the Pacific Baroque Festival I sang in. It landed me a radio interview so there might be something interesting about it. Enjoy.

I am in the Victoria Children's Choir. We are working on a Bach motet for the Pacific Baroque Festival. I have never sung Back before and I really love it. Bach was a musical genius. Look in any Bach piece and you will find patterns clearly echoed in the music of today, in all genre's. One section of the piece we are working on has a very jazzy feel to it, it's a lot of fun. The song is in two choirs, and when you are singing it the two choirs often echo each other and the way they are intertwined is neat to hear.
One thing I especially love about Bach is that, unlike many other composers, his life matched the devotion to God that his music spoke of. He 'walked the talk' so to speak. There is a quote by Bach that says "I play the notes as they are written, but it is God who makes the music." I love that.

Another piece we are working on for the Pacific Baroque Festival is by Telemann and called 'Der Schulmeister.'
I think it will be super fun to watch and we have loved working on it. As well as doing the music, we get to incorporate some acting into it! I know the audience will love it.

I am also looking forward to seeing some of the other music in the festival. I have never been to watch it before, but I have heard it is all wonderful.

See you...sometime.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Bob! I love that quote of Bach's too!
    And its so nice to see that you didn't COMPLETELY forget us... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm... maybe you DID forget us!! :) Go check my blog for pics of my adorable little brother!
    Cairo

    ReplyDelete