Saturday, February 27, 2010

This is what boys do

Today I came into the kitchen where Miles and Aaron were comparing bruise sizes while sweeping and doing dishes. They also had a heated discussion over who could do the strongest farts.

Is this what boys do?

Miles and his friend down the road built an alien defense base out of several foamie mattresses, some wires, a broken car phone and a three hole punch.

Is that what boys do?

Today Eli said to me "I was running in the hallway at Grandma and Grandpa's house, and I tripped and fell and banged my knee and it hurted so badly, but I didn't cry. What's for supper?" I thought, 'just once I would really love to see your thought process.'

Is this what boys are like?

I suppose I should probably know. I've lived with boys for almost thirteen years. I'm still not quite used to them though.

Eli takes Isabel's dolls from upstairs and asks me if he can drop them out of the bedroom window. What girl does that?

When I had tea parties when I was little, Aaron would only come if there was real food. And he would dash away from the table as soon as he had gobbled his cookie. No tea chit chat for him.

I think all boys go through a phase of wanting to wear dresses and be ballerinas. But they still want to ride bikes, play soccer and wrestle in them if they get the chance.

Eli punched me today and said in his best tough-guy voice "You wanna fight with me?"
Are they just born with that?

I guess that's what boys are like.

No comments:

Post a Comment