Friday, April 16, 2010

Emmelia

Some of you probably read these on facebook, but i thought it would be fun to include them here.

This is the first poem I wrote about Emmelia. I will post the second episode tomorrow. And perhaps a third will materialize at some point. Enjoy


Emmelia and Mr. Smithers:

Emmelia bowed to Mr. Smithers
And said (In such a pleasant way)
"Good morning Mr. Smithers, sir
And how are you this lovely day?"

Mr. Smithers returned the bow
And said (In an equally pleasant way)
"The day is young, the sun is bright.
What reason have I to dismay?"

And Emma said (with great discretion)
"That, indeed, I cannot say.
And indeed I could not tell you
What reason you have for dismay.

"Therefore it is my opinion
And excuse me here to say,
As you do not have a reason,
You, indeed, should not dismay.

"And if you should find a reason,
In this lovely pleasant day,
Yes, if you should find a reason,
Find a reason to dismay...

My advice to you is simple,
Listen closely and obey
Never ever lose good sense,
And never e'r should you dismay.

"For, you know, when strife has come
And happiness farewell has bade,
When life gives a sour lemon
You ought to make lemonade.

"For life is never so unpleasant
that we cannot make it through
with the constant loving comfort
of a friend like me or you.

"And I hope that without failing
I shall show that love so true,
And shall be that constant helper
For a friend so great as you.

"For I love you Mr. Smithers,
and I hope that while I live,
I shall never forget your giving
And shall never cease to give.

"Tell me that for all of life,
We shall be, and I concur
Further far than any friendship
and closer than two friends e'r were.

"Tell me that as long as stars shine
As long as fish are in the seas
Tell me that when the sun ceases to shine
So shall you cease to love me!

"Tell me that whatever happens,
As long as the sky is blue
For I tell you, nay, I promise
I will never stop loving you!

"Tell me that you'll be a friend
to me when I lay breathing my last breath.
Tell me that you've loved me always
Since my birth, and to my death!"


"Tell me, Mr. Smithers, friend. Tell me!"

Emmelia paused for dramatic effect, and stayed paused for lack of air.

Mr. Smithers turned to Emmelia and his eyes were wide, you could fairly see the wheels that were supposed to turn in one' head either start spinning madly, doing nothing or grind to a complete stop. Mr. Smithers was bewildered.

Mr. Smithers turned to Emmelia and said (In such and unpoetic way):

"I'm sorry, my dear. You've lost me."

Emmelia fainted.

No comments:

Post a Comment