Thursday, April 8, 2010

"Here, Dad, eat this!"

We were about to start Bible reading in the living room. Dad was sitting on the couch, flipping through his Bible. Isabel runs in, holding something she picked out of the garden.

"Here, Dad, eat this!" she shouted, pushing the green thing into his face.
"I don't do 'eat this' " says Dad.
I laughed. "You don't 'do' that?"
"When someone shoves something in my face and says 'here dad, eat this,' that's a no-go." Dad said.

"Dad, it's sooo yummy!" said Isabel. "It's really spicy, it kinda tastes like salami!"
"Salami?" I said.
"Or, what's that green stuff that's in like a toothpaste tube and you put it on sushi?" Isabel asked.
"Wasabi?"
"Yeah, that."

That's why we don't do 'eat this'.

1 comment:

  1. That happened to me once, when Charter was little he shoved his dirty little fingers into my mouth & said, "Taste these, don't they taste weird?"
    & yes.
    They did.
    gross.

    ReplyDelete