Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Amazing grace how sweet the sound, the lion sleep tonight.

Oh brother. Miles and Isabel have started singing "Amazing Grace" to the tune of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". Apparently it's from a movie.

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like meeeeeee
I once was lost, but now I'm found!
Was blind but now I seeeeeee

Aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Awe Um mum mum baway
Aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Aweeee Um mum mum baway

You get the idea. Try it yourself. The tune actually fits the words quite nicely. I cannot wait until choir starts again.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha - you can also sing it to the tune of Gilligan's Island. An all-purpose hymn, that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice... I usually tell my siblings about things that your siblings do that amuse me, but I think I'll keep this one from them... I'm too scared they will REALLY like this song. :P

    ReplyDelete